1. Put a towel around shoulders.
2. Middle part hair and brush hair.
3. Follow instructions on dye box.
4. Lather dye onto bottoms of hair, to where you want, I would always go a little lower with the dye. it tends to graduate upwards.
5. Open a window, in my experience the best dyes are the smelliest.
6. Keep on for however long the box says, then rinse off.
7. I think the effects are usually greater when this is done more than once, you end up with more of a gradient than a harsh line.
I after many attempts, in my experience the best product is L'Oreal Perfect Blonde Creme Maximum Bleaching Kit, which can be found here: http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Perfect-Blonde-Creme-Maximum-Bleaching-Kit_929817/ however I did Ombre my hair before the big rush of popularity, so I have no idea about the new specific ombre kits. Also I always ombred with my friend so used half the bottle.
It's worth noting that results may vary as I have curly, thick brunette hair, so it's quite likely to take well, however I do have friends that did the same with blonde hair and less course hair and they've had positive results too!
Here are some pictures!
I want to do something fun with my hair this summer now, looking back at these photos, does anyone have any ideas?